Here’s a list of carefully vetted resources on key topics related to the sexual abuse and assault of boys and men from 1in6.org. Each has been determined to offer a positive, hopeful message about the potential for healing and recovery and has been found useful by many men with histories of unwanted or abusive sexual experiences, as well as the people who care about them.
Please note that some books may contain graphic content. If you need support, visit the free and anonymous 24/7 national helpline to chat with a trained advocate.
After selecting a category below, you’ll see a list of recommended titles and links to their Amazon pages. For men who are incarcerated, one book is available to borrow for free.
- How Books and Films Are Selected
- Men’s Stories / Memoirs
- Documentary Films
- For/About Men Dealing With This
- For Parents of Abused Children
- For Partners, Spouses, etc.
- For Therapists & Other Professionals
- General Child Abuse and Trauma
- PTSD and Dissociation
- Anger and Aggression
- Relationships and Intimacy
- Fatherhood and Parenting
- For Men in Prison
- Men’s Poetry
- Exploitation or Abuse by Females
1in6.org, chat confidentially with a trained advocate, 24/7 Chat now
Please share these resources: https://1in6.org/get-information/books-films/Tweet